Cosmetic is an easier & faster way to correct imperfections in teeth. It is done under following conditions:
1. Crowded teeth
2. Missing teeth
3. Teeth with gaps
4. Chipped teeth
5. Discoloured teeth
6. Over bite / protruding teeth
7. Under bite/ pushed in teeth
8. Shifted mid line
9. Pigmented gums
10. Gummy smile
11. Too big or too small teeth
Veneers and Laminates
Veneers and Laminates are ultra-thin facings of porcelain or resin which once bonded to the fronts of teeth can subtly or dramatically change the appearance, colour, size and shape of a tooth.
Porcelain veneers are highly resistant to dental stains and can restore a smile back to a healthier, brighter, more “ideal” look. And, with “prep less” veneers, no dental anaesthesia (dental shots) are needed.
Chair side laminates are similar to cosmetic bonding, can also help restore a beautiful smile are completed in just one office visit!
However healthy a life you live, your teeth will inevitably become discoloured. Whether due to being stained by food and drink such as coffee or blackcurrant, or simply due to old age, it’s rare to find an adult with perfect, shining white teeth.
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure designed to remove stains and surface discoloration, as well as lighten pigmentation within the teeth.
The cosmetic dentist begins teeth whitening by cleaning each tooth to remove plaque. Once the plaque has been removed, a peroxide-based teeth whitening gel is applied, and a special light is used to activate the gel and initiate the whitening process. Depending on the amount of discoloration, the laser teeth whitening procedure may need to be repeated in another session.
Nowadays a filling need not be an affront to human eyes. Therefore tooth coloured fillings and bonding are done.
Advantages of Tooth-coloured fillings and bonding:
- Cosmetics and appearance provided by their placement.
- Tooth-coloured fillings are bonded to the tooth and thus seal, strengthen and restore the tooth to more of its original shape and feel.
- Bonding can greatly reduce post treatment sensitivity to cold and sweets.
- Fillings with composites require less tooth Tooth-colored composites are preferred by many patients because of the significantly improved preparation than those for silver fillings, thus conserving natural tooth structure.
- Fillings can be colour-matched to your teeth for a nearly undetectable restoration.
- Tooth-coloured fillings can be contoured and shaped to help restore your tooth to its natural appearance.
- Bonding can be done to close gaps or spaces between teeth.
A crown or “cap” is a permanent covering that is used to restore a tooth that was decayed, damaged, cracked or had root canal treatment. Crowns are also placed to strengthen teeth and can be used to restore the appearance of teeth. Crowns can be made of a variety of different materials such as porcelain, metals such as gold or a combination of these materials. All-porcelain crowns are metal-free and generally provide the highest cosmetic appearance.
Gum Cosmetic Procedures
Have you ever heard of a “gummy” smile? It’s when your teeth appear to be “too small and too short” usually because of excessive gum tissue. Believe it or not, a gummy smile can easily be improved with a procedure called a “gingivectomy”
“Aesthetic Crown Lengthening” procedure is necessary. This involves the reshaping of the gum and bone that surround the tooth. It can be performed for one or several teeth to even out the gum line and improve your smile.